Product Design Engineer Intern
Do you want to work at the front of the FashionTech industry? Aren’t you afraid of 3D bodyscans and boobs? Then this internship is for you!
We are looking for an IDE graduation intern (preferably IPD or DFI) as part of our design team developing our technology solution for the lingerie industry. This role offers the right candidate an opportunity to be a direct part of shaping the body fashion industry and gain extensive hands on experience. You will be working on a globally recognised innovative product and use 3D CAD modeling software.
ABOUT MESH LINGERIE TECHNOLOGIES
We match bodies to bras using 3D scanning technologies. Or platform enables lingerie retailers and lingerie brands to find the best fitting bra for their customers. We are developing our own database and matching algorithms so finding a bra that fits becomes fun!
Currently we are looking for new team members to help us tackle the shocking lack of engineer led scientific understanding in the body fashion industry with style.
You will work on the development of our matching system that picks the best fitting bra in the marketplace using a 3D body scan of the consumer and a database full of bras. Your thesis will result in a thorough research of the breast area in relation to different types of bras. Next to that you will analyse, test, optimise and prototype the 3D scanning booth and it’s user experience.
Tasks will include:
- 3D modeling and analysis
- Optimising our 3D scanning process and user experience
- Prototyping and testing for both hardware and software (UI)
- Anthropometric research and data analysis
Skills we are looking for
- Fluent Dutch & English written and verbal.
- Knowledge and experience using CAD 3D software, preferable Rhinoceros.
- Knowledge of parametric modeling is prefered.
- Analytical thinking.
- Self motivation.
- Enjoyment of creativity.
- Good in project management
- You can work independently as well as part of a team
- You are able to take your own initiative
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is prefered, not obliged.
- Knowledge of SPSS is prefered, not obliged.
- Mechatronic experience is prefered, not obliged.
A passion for the role and what we do along with a willingness to learn are our most important criteria, so even if you don’t have every skill and you would really like to work here please apply and tell us why!
WHAT WE OFFER
- A place in an ambitious, female led team
- Working in the De Wasserij, the new fashion hub of Rotterdam
- Being at the front of the fashiontech revolution
- Enough responsibility and room for your own ideas
- No day will be the same
- An internship allowance
- Coaching by the founders including monthly support sessions
- Bras and 3D body scans! You will test our product yourself too if possible, we are not prudish!
- The internship starts asap (exact date in consultation)
- The duration of the internship is for 6 months with longer available under consultation.
- You are currently studying for your Masters Degree.
- You must have the right to work in the EU (please contact us if you do not have the right to work in the EU but would be interested to intern in the future).
- It is an internship of 4 or 5 days per week with occasional out of office hours for events and exhibitions.
- A work internship instead of graduation thesis is possible in consultation
- You are able to come to our offices in Rotterdam.
Please contact email@example.com with subject “Product Design Engineer Intern” with a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and seek out the best candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age. Please let us know in advance if you require any additional support ahead of an interview and we will be happy to make suitable arrangements.